The Porch Cafe in Santa Margarita is looking for full or part time help at a busy restaurant setting. We are open 6 am to 8pm daily.
Food service and customer service skills will be needed and the ability to multitask and work quickly. The following is required:
-Must be available on Weekends. Saturday and Sundays are busiest.
-Flexible Schedule. Full Time or Part time is available, depending on current staffing levels. Roughly 20-40 hours a week of availability now.
-Restaurants are busy and get dirty. Must be ok with cleaning, bussing, doing dishes, taking orders, and anything else involved.
-Early mornings are needed and often required. It won't be every day. But you need to be ok with coming in at 6:30 am when required. We also run afternoon to evening shifts, 2pm to close, and will try to schedule you consistently.
-Reliable transportation. We are not far away (10 minutes from SLO or Atascadero), however unless you live in town, it's best to have a good car.
· Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
· Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, prepping meat, or preparing sauces)
· Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
· Answer, report and follow instructions in place by management
· Clean up stations
· Complete all opening and closing procedures
· Stock inventory appropriately
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
· Comply with all nutrition and sanitation regulations, and safety standards
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customer requirements
· Follow the prep list created by managers and kitchen staff
· Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
· Undertake basic cooking duties such as making breakfast items (bagels, burritos, baked goods, fried foods, burgers, fries, etc.)
· Prepare simple dishes such as salads and wraps, burgers and fries
· Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
· Food Handler's Certificate
· Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
· Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
· Ability to remain on feet standing during entire shift
· Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
· A team player with good verbal and written communication skills
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
· High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour (depends on experience). You will also earn tips.
Please submit a resume via email and we will call you to discuss! Pay depends on experience. We are ready to hire immediately.