Sales Floor Leader is responsible for ensuring that associates provide exceptional customer service, maximizing productivity, identifying sales opportunities and setting customer service standards. Sales Floor Leader must demonstrate knowledge of the store’s purpose, goals and products and have the skills to motivate and help associates achieve the goals and product knowledge.
This position is Tuesday - Saturday. Normally off Sunday & Monday.
The major responsibilities for this position include:
• Drive store sales by ensuring that all customers are acknowledged, customer projects needs are met, and concerns are resolved quickly
• Train, coach and develop retail staff with goals for growth and success in their positions, provide performance feedback and recognize accomplishments
• Coordinate the overall supervision of retail staff to ensure sales performance goals are met and procedures are followed accurately
• Regulate retail inventory to reduce shrinkage, maintain appropriate stock levels and ensure report accuracy
• Maintain monthly sale promotions and displays
• Outdoor Power Equipment & BBQ Grill Cooking Demonstrations
• Delegate daily workload among associates to meet merchandising and visual presentation standards
• Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model
The minimum requirements for this position include:
• Able to work in a fast paced, customer focused team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail
• Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
Previous Hardware/Paint/Lawn & Garden Experience, a plus.
Physical Requirements The minimum physical requirements for this position include: • Ability to stand for an extended period of time • Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth. Lift up to 60 lbs on a regular basis.
Job Type: Full-time