Starting Salary range $10.00-$16.00 per hour
The Bookkeeper/Personal Assistant (PA) works with the general manager to provide support by offering bookkeeping and personalized assistance with business and household management. This person should be willing to exceed expectations in running business and personal errands, offer administrative support to the manager and fulfill any reasonable demands of company leadership. The Bookkeeper/PA will be able to take direction well, as well as, should be able to take initiative and be a self-starter. This position requires a quick learner, who is patient and diplomatic with many personalities, has a positive attitude, great interpersonal skills, is well presented, and professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and personal support to the general manager as needed, including:
· Be a part of maintaining a positive work environment.
· Act intuitively to take initiative where necessary. Find ways to help business run smoothly.
· Work with a sense of energy.
· Understand that change is a part of business and be willing to embrace changes to duties as needed with technology and business growth.
· Attend training both onsite and offsite. Very small amount of travel will be required.
Bookkeeping Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the general manager in developing the company annual plan.
· Perform bookkeeping activities related to A/P, A/R, G/L, and payroll.
· Employer business tax filings and payments.
· Produce company financial statements within 5 business days after the close of each month.
· Collect and assemble the Daily Management Essentials Report information and provide the Daily Report by the specified time each day for the previous business day.
· Be responsible for the collecting and archiving of key performance data, such as number of calls run, average sale amounts, closing ratios, customer renewal rates, etc. Produce statistical data for the GM.
· Monitor corporate filings.
· Banking functions (entering receipts/transactions, making deposits, reconciliations).
· Performing or assisting in audits (financial, insurance, etc.)
· Create and maintain a system to manage the company assets, such as vehicles, information systems, and communication systems.
· Work closely with the GM to ensure that collection of money is occurring at the point of service, or proper paperwork for financing is being signed at the point of service.
General Office Duties:
· Administrative tasks to supplement the office and increase overall office productivity.
· Manage the inventory of the office supplies, ordering additional office supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed.
· Maintaining office equipment by assisting with routine maintenance and upkeep.
· Arrange for and supervise building maintenance when needed.
· Provide support and reminders for the manager and the business owner on to-do’s, follow-ups, and deadlines.
· Share in office housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and tidy office bulding.
· Run business errands
· Organize travel and prepare itineraries.
· Plan and schedule meetings and events
· Make copies, order lunch/meals, and prepare meeting rooms
· Take minutes during meetings
· Work with the manager to coordinate all team activities such as employee luncheons, volunteer activities, social engagements, and holiday celebrations.
· Conduct or prepare any research that the manager may require.
· Manage business projects when necessary.
· General paperwork and documentation.
· Answer phones during peak times/lunch breaks/vacations, remembering the customer is the number one focus of the company, and they are not an interruption to other tasks. Be very courteous during any contact with customers/potential customers of the company.
Other personal/business duties:
· Make phone calls and run personal/household errands for the GM
· Household bookkeeping/bill-paying/expense management.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience
· 1 year of administrative or personal assistant experience
· 1 year of bookkeeping experience
· High school diploma or higher education
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent computer and electronic device skills
· Speed and accuracy in data entry
· Experience in QuickBooks Online preferred
· Experience/knowledge of spreadsheets
· Experience/knowledge of wordprocessing
· Committed and enthusiastic about the mission and vision of Amps & Volts Electric
· Motivated self-starter
· Cheerful and friendly phone voice
· Very strong sense of responsibility and work ethics
· Multi-task oriented, detail-oriented, and organized
· High degree of integrity and ability to manage confidential information
· Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with team members, and listening to and respecting others
· Presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.