Purpose: To help facilitate the hosting of “events” , dinners, and other functions at Bay Pointe Inn. Banquet servers assist in the entire process of an event, from beginning to end.
Staff members must be knowledgeable regarding the facility , have a pleasant attitude, and strong work ethic. Individuals will be working in close contact with hotel and property guests, and must maintain a professional demeanor.
Banquet staff members work directly under the supervision of the Event Supervisor, Banquet Manager, and Restaurant Manager.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors. Temperature indoors is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens(+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. Most event spaces are located outdoors and will require a candidate to work in varied conditions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays. Must be available to work the entire summer season May 1st through October 31st.
Qualifications: Education High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: No prior serving or banquet experience is required. However, candidates with prior experience are preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: Must be minimum age to serve alcohol. TIPs certification is required following an employment offer/acceptance. (we sponsor a class).
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential functions)
- Training and developing housekeeping staff.
- Coordinates work assignments.
- Inspect completed work.
- Responsible to assign non-accommodation cleaning assignments to housekeeping
- Responsible with inventory control, supplies, and keys.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Incidental functions)
- Oversee cleanliness of common areas including stairways, supply rooms, indoor & outdoor bathrooms, the restaurant and housekeeping office.
- Responsible for keeping team encouraged and motivated.
- Perform all other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and skilled organization
- Strong supervisory skills, ability to designate responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively with all personality types.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, chemicals, and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal & written instructions independently.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings, and nights.
- Ability to perform light physical tasks, exerting up to 60 lbs of force on a frequent basis and up to 60 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to perform such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, crouching, walking, sitting, and carry repetitively and for long periods of time.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability
This position will provide the highest quality of service to our guests.
Terrace Grille is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill the roll of "Food Runner/Expo". The purpose of this role is to maintain consistent communication with the culinary team, and service team, while helping in the facilitation of food plating, organization, and delivery.
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Prior hospitality experience is preferred.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Basic knowledge of food presentation, preparation and handling.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Must be available to work any shift. Lunches, Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays. Must be available to work from May 1st through Oct 31st
Currently, this role is only utilized on Fridays and Saturdays in the winter months.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to carry and balance dishware and glassware in the course of service.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.