Purpose: To oversee the entirety of a banquet/”event” hosted by Bay Pointe Inn, from beginning to completion. The Banquet Supervisor is directly charged with working hands-on alongside banquet servers and bartenders, to ensure that all events are completed to Bay Pointe Inn’s high standards. The supervisor will work in conjunction with the Banquet Manager, Restaurant and Events Manager, Property General Manager, and the sales team members to facilitate the wishes of each guest hosting with us.
The supervisor will also help wedding parties execute their ceremonies when they are performed at Bay Pointe Inn. A supervisor will always be on hand to assists brides and grooms, as well as the bridal party.
Supervisors directly oversee the set-up of each event prior to its start time. In the case of a wedding, they will remain on property to assist the bridal party/family with any requests they may have between set-up and the ceremony. Event spaces and tables must be set according to the diagrams delivered from the sales associate who booked the party. Supervisors will lead the staff in the coordination of all set-up.
During the event itself, they will help manage the event’s timeline and ensure that the staff is maintaining a high level of service. At the conclusion of the event, they will assist in clean-up; directing the staff in the storage of items used, and any preparation for a future function in the same, or other spaces. Prior to dismissing staff, a supervisor will meet with the Restaurant and Events Manager, or other executive team member on site, to recap the event and have duties checked. Strong communication skills and leadership are paramount for this roll. The supervisor must be able to lead by example, and motivate the banquet staff.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors. Temperature indoors is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens(+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. A majority of events are hosted in outdoor spaces.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays. Must be available to work the entire summer season May 1st through October 31st.
Qualifications: Education High school or equivalent education required. Candidates with a degree in business, hospitality, or communications are preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of supervisory or managerial experience is preferred. Candidates who have a strong banquet service background is required.
Licenses or Certificates: Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Bay Pointe Inn standards.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.