Posted Apr 24, 2019
Basic Purpose :
We are looking for a skilled Grounds Keeper worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
This position report to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping, etc…
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls, etc…
- Check control panels and electric wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by collecting trash
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, clogged toilets, etc…
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Clean all stations in Engineering, grease traps, plumbing stoppages, and trash areas, recycle areas and maintain an organized department and hotel.
- Cleaning the public areas, parking lots, back of the house of all cigarettes butts, empty bottles, or any other objects that is visible to the guest.
- Being able to operate snow blower, leaf blower during applicable season to make sure sidewalks and grounds are immaculate conditions for our guests.
Minimum Requirements :
- Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays
- 6 months to a year of experience in the related position.
- Requires a working technical knowledge of general building maintenance.
- Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-Job or through a series of professional certifications.
- Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
- Ability to read and speak and write English.
- Eight hour shift; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
- Able to stand and walk up to 8 hours.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.