Host Job Description
Job duties include, but are not limited to: Greeting guests as they arrive, answering the phones, and taking dinner reservations in a friendly, professional, and timely manner. Hosts/ Hostesses also take food and beverage room-service orders, carry-out orders, and assist in delivery. Have complete knowledge of OpenTable reservation software, and a Point of Sale system. Hosts directly impact the flow of the dinner service in the restaurant. The ideal candidate will be a confident, forward thinking individual, who can work under pressure.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
· Prior experience hosting (preferred but not required).
· High school or equivalent education required.
· The ability to meet professional dress requirements.
· Must possess clear communication skills, articulation, and organization.
· Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
· Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Must be available to work any shift. Lunches, Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays. Must be available to work from May 1st through Oct 31st
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
· Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to carry and balance dishware and glassware in the course of service.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.