Posted Mar 19, 2019
Purpose: To help facilitate the hosting of “events” , dinners, and other functions at Bay Pointe Inn. Banquet servers assist in the entire process of an event, from beginning to end.
Staff members must be knowledgeable regarding the facility , have a pleasant attitude, and strong work ethic. Individuals will be working in close contact with hotel and property guests, and must maintain a professional demeanor.
Banquet staff members work directly under the supervision of the Event Supervisor, Banquet Manager, and Restaurant Manager.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors. Temperature indoors is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens(+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. Most event spaces are located outdoors and will require a candidate to work in varied conditions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays. Must be available to work the entire summer season May 1st through October 31st.
Qualifications: Education High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: No prior serving or banquet experience is required. However, candidates with prior experience are preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: Must be minimum age to serve alcohol. TIPs certification is required following an employment offer/acceptance. (we sponsor a class).