On Call Bartender
Purpose: Prepare cocktails, drinks, wines, and all alcoholic beverages in an efficient, accurate manner.
Prepare all drinks to Bay Pointe standards and specifications for the customers and clients, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and connect with guests. Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
Provide guests with the best possible service skills and charm, while maintaining a professional distance and attitude. Continually create emotional attachments with each guest encounter and guarantee welcoming environment.
Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas throughout and at end of shift.
Alert management to product needs on a nightly basis, maintaining a comfortable level of supplies.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens(+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
Qualifications: Education High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: One year high volume bar experience required. Customer service experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have worked at a casual-fine dining level for one to two years.
Licenses or Certificates: Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Bay Pointe Inn standards.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.