Posted Apr 28, 2020
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential functions)
- Training and developing housekeeping staff.
- Coordinates work assignments.
- Inspect completed work.
- Responsible to assign non-accommodation cleaning assignments to housekeeping
- Responsible with inventory control, supplies, and keys.
- Work hands on with Guest Services Manager for Forecasts and Scheduling.
- Reports to Director of Rooms on innovation projects and budgetary suggestions.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Incidental functions)
- Oversee cleanliness of common areas including stairways, supply rooms, indoor & outdoor bathrooms, the restaurant, administration offices and housekeeping office.
- Responsible for keeping team encouraged and motivated.
- Perform all other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and skilled organization
- Strong supervisory skills, ability to designate responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively with all personality types.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, chemicals, and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal & written instructions independently.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings, and nights.
- Ability to perform light physical tasks, exerting up to 60 lbs of force on a frequent basis and up to 60 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to perform such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, crouching, walking, sitting, and carry repetitively and for long periods of time.
- Rooms/Housekeeping Manager experience preferred
- 1 yr of Rooms/Housekeeping Supervisor/Lead experience required
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability