Catering Event Manager
Posted Sep 4, 2019
This position requires the individual to assist the Sales Department of Bay Pointe Inn in all group event sales as described below. At all times, this person must represent Bay Pointe Inn with the highest standards in all communications and interactions to ensure the guest’s experience exceeds their expectations commensurate with “One of Michigan’s Top Resorts.”
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Catering Sales Managers on all booked events by obtaining and inputting Event Details
- This person will be responsible for typing up the Banquet Event Order (BEO) to communicate client’s vision to the rest of Bay Pointe Inn staff. This will require additional event thinking and language with experience to ensure BEO is complete with all necessary information. At times this may require meetings with the client.
- Assist with contracts and proposals as needed.
- Create event diagrams for clients.
- Manage and coordinate rentals with necessary vendors for all events.
- Manage all event invoices and collect/process payments as specified in contracts.
- Prepare all BEO packets each week and meet weekly with Management Team at BEO meetings
- Manage inquiry reports and any other reports/tasks as assigned.
- Assist with taking phone calls for new prospective clients.
- Must be able to quote dates/spaces properly and professionally and give menu information as needed as stated on all planned menus.
- Must always maintain the highest level of professionalism with the guest for seamless transition from Sales Managers.
- Assist with giving property tours for Sales Department.
- Create and manage group lodging blocks in hotel software system.
- Input rooming lists and ensure all group needs are met in creating group prints, etc.
- Assist hotel front desk as needed with phones and booking rooms.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate guest’s needs to all internal departments making sure information is correct, complete and timely in creating the perfect event for the guests’ special day or productive meeting.
- At all times must be professional and courteous with clients and guests.
- Constantly demonstrate cooperation and trust with colleagues across all internal departments and participate as a team player establishing strong working relationships.
- Work effectively and comfortably in an environment of change and to be receptive to new ideas and changes in work schedule.
- Research products and competitors in order to effectively capitalize on BPI’s strengths and competitor’s weaknesses and capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sales Managers, General Manager or President.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in an exemplary fashion. The requirements listed below are required in addition to properly performing this position:
- Hospitality Education and/or 1-2years' experience in Catering Sales and/or Banquet execution
- Language skills both verbal and written
- Mathematical skills
- Reasoning ability
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn/perform on-site programs such as Roomaster, IQPOS, Caterease, and additional programs as required
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Must maintain Professional appearance at all times
Must be able to stand, bend, reach and lift up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Steady to fast pace environment. Bay Pointe Inn is air-conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Outdoor event spaces are subject to the weather.
This is a Monday-Friday position typically 9am-5pm hours with some weekends required.