Reports to: Owner/CEO
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 (DOE)
Schedule: 40 hours per week (Flexible schedule and work location; some hours work-from-home)
Benefits: We offer excellent Benefit Plans including: Medical & Dental insurance plans, payroll weekly, employee/friend discounts, company parties, and more.
Chubbies Burgers started in the summer of 2016 with a truck and a dream, driving around the island bringing delicious, classic-burger fare with top-quality, locally-sourced ingredients at reasonable prices. Our Owner/CEO has a passion for innovation in the restaurant industry and doing what’s most effective to ensure happy guests and a kickass, unforgettable product. Chubbies Burgers is a small, growing local company that utilizes innovative systems, ingenuity, a lot of trial and error, and hard work to ensure success. We value our team members; providing competitive compensation, benefits, exciting challenges, and opportunities for growth.
Be part of a company that is growing fast, see it change and evolve, and make a difference with your organizational skills, ideas, and energy.
This position provides a unique opportunity to directly impact the daily operations of a thriving, profitable, expansion-ready brand. The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Owner/CEO and will play a vital role in ensuring the company’s daily operations flow smoothly, while helping to move Chubbies Burgers forward toward future expansion and evolution.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who is eager to learn and gain the experience needed to move forward in their career. As Chubbies Burgers expands, the company’s administrative needs will expand with the potential for this role to evolve into an Executive Assistant position.
- Schedule Managing: Organize and coordinate Owner/CEO schedule; assist with employee scheduling.
- Company Expansion: Clearly understand and help execute concrete goals and tasks to ensure company expansion timeframes are met or exceeded.
- Communications: Communicate and interface with industry partners, business relations, and team members via phone, email, and in-person; build/maintain strong, professional relationships with all.
- Social Media & Marketing: Take pictures, draft posts, manage social media scheduling app.
- HR Administration: Take the lead on posting open positions, follow through on employee hiring procedures, conduct new employee orientation and schedule onboarding/training. Assist with weekly payroll, including preparing checks.
- Records/Data Entry: Manage and maintain systems of record-keeping; including financial information, inventory, and employee records. Prepare checks for vendors, as needed.
- Mail: Process and prioritize all incoming and outgoing mail; following-up as directed by the Owner/CEO.
- Errands: Run errands, as needed.
- Personal Assisting: Some personal assistance to the owner/CEO tasks, as needed.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively seek solutions and suggest improvements to evolve company policies, procedures, and efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some College, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of secretarial or administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a systemic approach to files and records, and integrate data from relevant sources.
- Ability to thrive with a Supervisor who sets clear expectations (i.e. is particular about how things are done).
- Ability to professionally and effectively represent the Chubbies brand via oral and written communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to keep calm and creatively problem-solve when things are not going as planned.
- Experience with inventory, scheduling, and social media scheduling apps/databases a plus.
- Desire to take initiative to continuously improve Chubbies systems and brand.
- Excellent professional etiquette skills.
- Fast learner, with a willingness to jump in and enjoy a high energy work environment.
- High degree of responsibility and dependability.
- Conscientious and detail-oriented.
- Grit and determination.
- Good sense of humor.
- Desire to be a part of a fun and positive work environment.
- Interest and experience in hospitality/restaurant industry desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurance.
How to Apply:
- Sorry, no phone inquiries please
- Please email cover letter and resume to Admin@ChubbiesBurgers.com
Chubbies Burgers is an Equal Opportunity Employer