When you join our team as an Assistant Teacher you will:
1. Ensure safety and health of children and provide consistent, positive, nurturing environment to children in the classroom and the entire center.
2. Assist the Lead Teacher in developing and implementing program activities that meet each child’s social, emotional, educational and health needs by getting materials for activities ready, engaging deeply with children, and supporting anyway needed in the classroom.
3. Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
4. Actively assist Lead Teachers in preparing for daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans appropriate for each child’s social, emotional, educational and health needs.
5. Work with the Lead Teacher, Program Lead, and Director to understand appropriate ways to implement the Creative Curriculum within the classroom.
6. Work alongside the Lead Teacher in completing daily records for each child enrolled.
7. Ensure that daily opening and closing checklists are being completed thoroughly and accurately.
8. Ensure the Child Care Program Plan is being implemented at all times.
9. Help prepare reports to CPS and/or DHS to ensure the safety and well-being of all children cared for at the center.
10. Communicate with parents on a daily basis to discuss the development of their enrolled children and to better understand how to better serve the needs of families.
11. Attend professional and personal development trainings including First Aid/CPR227 E. Main Street
When you join our team as a Lead Teacher you will:
This position is integral to the success of Cultivate Mankato and the unique child care program that we are building. In this role, the Support Staff will work alongside the entire Cultivate Mankato team to understand the vision, mission, and values of the organization, engage in professional development and curriculum planning sessions and ensure the health and safety of each child within our care. Within the classroom, Support Staff will work alongside the lead teacher and assistant teaching staff to help develop and continuously improve classroom processes, help support the implementation of play-based learning opportunities using the framework for the curriculum, become a partner to parents, advocate for children and work with the entire team to ensure the center is exceeding DHS Rule 3 guidelines. The role of Support Staff is to ensure the teachers and children within the program are well supported.227 E. Main Street