Posted Nov 24, 2019
When you join our team as a Lead Teacher you will:
- Ensure the safety and health of children by creating and adapting a safe and stimulating environment of learning.
- Provide a consistent, positive, nurturing environment.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts, and corporate partners.
- Be a proactive partner with parents by communicating with parents on a daily basis to discuss the development of their enrolled children and to better understand how to better serve the needs of families.
- Ensure the Child Care Program Plan is being implemented accurately and continually search for ways to improve the plan annually.
- Work alongside other teachers and staff in Implementing projects derived from the Creative Curriculum structure while also remaining flexible to the learning opportunities that children present in the classroom.
- Actively participate in a group setting by co-creating lesson plans appropriate for each child’s social, emotional, educational and health needs that are play-based in nature.
- Support the children by developing and implementing program activities and play opportunities that meet each child’s social, emotional, educational and health needs.
- Become a documenter and observer in the classroom by completing daily records for each child.
- Ensure opening and closing duties are completed as assigned.
- Prepare reports to CPS and/or DHS to ensure the safety and well-being of all children cared for at the center.
- Attend professional and personal development training.