When you join our team as an Assistant Teacher you will:
1. Ensure safety and health of children and provide consistent, positive, nurturing environment to children in the classroom and the entire center.
2. Assist the Lead Teacher in developing and implementing program activities that meet each child’s social, emotional, educational and health needs by getting materials for activities ready, engaging deeply with children, and supporting anyway needed in the classroom.
3. Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
4. Actively assist Lead Teachers in preparing for daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans appropriate for each child’s social, emotional, educational and health needs.
5. Work with the Lead Teacher, Program Lead, and Director to understand appropriate ways to implement the Creative Curriculum within the classroom.
6. Work alongside the Lead Teacher in completing daily records for each child enrolled.
7. Ensure that daily opening and closing checklists are being completed thoroughly and accurately.
8. Ensure the Child Care Program Plan is being implemented at all times.
9. Help prepare reports to CPS and/or DHS to ensure the safety and well-being of all children cared for at the center.
10. Communicate with parents on a daily basis to discuss the development of their enrolled children and to better understand how to better serve the needs of families.
11. Attend professional and personal development trainings including First Aid/CPR