At Farm Collective, we are a group of passionate wine lovers on a mission to push the envelope and deliver world-class wines to our beloved customers. Our network of family wineries includes T-Vine Winery, James Cole Winery and Tank Garage Winery. We are currently looking to hire a few part-time associates to work at our various tasting room locations.
As a Tasting Room Sales Associate for Farm Collective, you will be on the front lines for some of the coolest, most innovative wineries in Napa Valley. Now, we won’t lie to you, selling is very important. But every day you will sell amazing, rare wines to incredible, rare people. You will be challenged. You will have fun. You will get to be yourself. And when you head home, you will feel great about your day. If this sounds how you’d like to spend your workdays, please read on!
● Recruit cool new members to our Wine Club, slang wine, tell stories and blow customers’ minds.
● Make every tasting special and never phone it in (except with this next part).
● Pick up the telephone to sell wine, book reservations and provide amazing customer service to our club members and prospective customers.
● Assist with our awesome events where we listen to great music, enjoy delicious food and show our guests a fantastic time.
● Help keep our tasting rooms looking great and running smoothly by helping out with administrative, cleaning, inventory related tasks.
● Get out there and evangelize our brands and build relationships.
● Embrace our company ethos and contribute back into it.
● We know this belongs on a motivational poster, but be incredibly positive, compassionate, helpful teammates with the rest of the squad.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
● 3-5+ years of hospitality experience is preferred…but if you’re a little short on that, just be cheerful and engaging.
● You must love wine and people.
● You must be driven. Driven to sell, grow and improve.
● Strong computer skills; previous POS experience is preferred.
● Desire to grow with company.
● Demonstrate consistent professionalism and responsibility while having fun.
● Must be a team player and able to work cooperative with coworkers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
● A variety of schedules available with most hours being between 9:30AM to 7:00PM, weekend availability a must!
● Our part-time employees are generally scheduled to work 15-25 hours per week.
● Work may be at James Cole Winery in Napa, or at Tank Garage Winery or T-Vine Winery in Calistoga.
● Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (case of wine) regularly and to remain standing on feet for long periods of time.
● Must be 21 years of age or older.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
● We offer a competitive starting rate ($20/hour) with additional opportunities for monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses.
● Part-time employees are eligible to participate in our company retirement plan (with employer match) after an initial waiting period. And of course, you’ll also get a wine allocation so you can enjoy and share our fantastic products with your friends and family outside of the tasting room (or keep it to yourself, we won’t tell).
● Please submit your resume and a little bit about why you are psyched about this opportunity and would be an awesome addition to our team.
● Applicants must be willing to consent to a background check.