At Farm Collective, we are a group of passionate wine lovers on a mission to push the envelope and deliver world-class wines to our beloved customers. Our talented winemaking team produces wine for Tank Garage Winery, T-Vine Winery and James Cole Winery. During the 2019 harvest season, we crushed 40 different grape varietals and produced a vast range of wine styles (red, white, sparkling and natural wines), and expect this year's harvest to be equally as exciting.
For the 2020 harvest, Farm Collective is seeking passionate candidates to join our harvest production team. It is very important that candidates be able to work effectively with a team and independently when necessary. The most suitable candidates are strong-minded individuals who are excited and to learn and/or grow their production skills, and are capable of working long hours (often times for several consecutive days) while maintaining their enthusiasm and positivity. Good movie quoting abilities and a sense of humor are also greatly appreciated.
This is a temporary position anticipated to commence in late July and is anticipated to last for approximately 4 months, subject to harvest conditions.
· Winery and equipment cleaning and sanitation.
· Fruit receiving, sorting, and processing.
· Fermentation management including pumpovers, punchdowns, barrel fermentation management, brix and temp checks, nutrient additions, inoculations, and pressing.
· General cellar work including sampling, racking, barreling down, topping, and bottling.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
· Previous winemaking and cellar experience strongly strongly preferred.
· Must be punctual, reliable, motivated, and a positive team player.
· Passion, interest and/or excitement to learn about winemaking is essential.
· Candidates must have or be able to obtain U.S. work eligibility prior to start of harvest.
· Available to work long hours, including weekends, as needed throughout harvest.
· Must be able to communicate clearly in English (written and spoken).
· Must be able to read, understand, and follow work and safety-related SOPs, and be able to follow verbal instructions.
· Have your $#!% together. We have fun, but this is a professional place of business.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs on a regular basis independently. and up to 100+ lbs with assistance.
· Ability to climb a ladder on a regular basis and to remain on feet for long periods of time.
· Ability to bend, squat, push, pull, carry, and reach for objects as necessary.
· Work will primarily occur at our Napa, CA production facility.
· Please submit your resume/CV and a note or cover letter telling us why you are psyched about this opportunity and would be an awesome addition to our team.