At Tank Garage Winery, our motto is to "Never Dream Alone" ...and we need more dreamers. In this role, you will host tastings of wines unlike any other in Napa Valley in a cool, laid-back environment outside of our vintage Calistoga gas station. This part-time position is geared towards Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and values authentic people with a cool taste in music and an appreciation for doing things differently.
● Recruit cool new members to our Wine Club, slang wine, tell stories and blow customers’ minds.
● Make every tasting special and never phone it in (except with this next part).
● Pick up the telephone to sell wine, book reservations, and provide amazing customer service to our club members and prospective customers.
● Assist with our awesome events where we listen to great music, enjoy delicious food and show our guests a fantastic time.
● Help keep our tasting rooms looking great and running smoothly by helping out with administrative, cleaning, inventory-related tasks.
● Get out there and evangelize our brands and build relationships.
● Embrace our company ethos and contribute back to it.
● We know this belongs on a motivational poster, but be incredibly positive, compassionate, helpful teammates with the rest of the squad.
● Maintain a clean and safe work environment and adhere to all current health and safety requirements.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
● 1-2+ years of hospitality experience is preferred, but not required.
● You must love people and have an interest in wine.
● You must be driven. Driven to sell, grow and improve.
● Strong computer skills; previous POS experience is preferred.
● Demonstrate consistent professionalism and responsibility while having fun.
● Must be a team player and able to work cooperatively with coworkers.
● Understand and participate in creating an environment of inclusion and acceptance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
● A variety of schedules available with most hours being between 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM, weekend availability a must!
● Our part-time employees are generally scheduled to work 15-25 hours per week.
● Work at Tank Garage Winery in Calistoga, California.
● Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (case of wine) regularly and to remain standing on feet for long periods of time.
● Must be 21 years of age or older.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
● We offer a competitive starting rate ($20/hour) with additional opportunities for monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses.
● Part-time employees are eligible to participate in our company retirement plan (with employer match) after an initial waiting period. And of course, you’ll also get a wine allocation so you can enjoy and share our fantastic products with your friends and family outside of the tasting room (or keep it to yourself, we won’t tell).
● Please submit your resume and a little bit about why you are psyched about this opportunity and would be an awesome addition to our team.
● Applicants must be willing to consent to a background check.