At Farm Collective, we are a group of passionate wine lovers on a mission to push the envelope and deliver world-class wines to our beloved customers. Our talented winemaking team produces wine for Tank Garage Winery, T-Vine Winery and James Cole Winery.
Reporting directly to the Head Winemaker, the Cellar Hand helps to ensure efficient and safe operations of Farm Collective’s cellar. The Cellar Hand assists in all bulk wine movements, performs barrel work, upholds all safety standards and SOPs, assists with harvest cellar work, and helps to ensure the overall safety, cleanliness and organization of our cellar. This position typically works Monday through Friday but may require night and/or weekend hours based on business needs, especially during the harvest season. While the Cellar Hand ultimately reports to the Head Winemaker, they will also need to take direction from other regular winemaking staff including the Production Manager.
This is a full-time, year-round position on our Winemaking team (not seasonal/temporary). We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, with 100% of the employee's premiums paid by the company. Additionally, we offer a retirement plan with a company match, and paid time off including holidays and paid days off for your birthday and work anniversary annually. Of course, we also offer each employee a wine allocation and discount.
· Execute all bulk wine movements and barrel work under the direction of the winemaking team.
· Uphold SOPs and adhere to safety standards at all times.
· Perform racking, blending, barrel downs, topping, filtering, bottling, cleaning and sanitation.
· During harvest, cellar work will include, but will not be limited to, grape processing, pumpovers & punchdowns, drain and press, fermentation management and cleaning.
· Maintain cellar cleanliness and organization.
· Drive company vehicles for errands and transportation of supplies and materials, as needed.
· Actively embrace the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities for problem solving and improvement of efficiencies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
· Previous cellar and winemaking experience required, with 2+ years preferred.
· Must have a valid California driver’s license, clean driving record, and be insurable.
· Able to communicate clearly in English (spoken and written).
· Able to read, understand and follow work and safety based SOPs.
· Have flexibility and willingness to work in changing environments.
· Ability to work extended shifts during harvest.
· Previous forklift experience preferred.
· Must be punctual, reliable, motivated, and a positive team player.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs on a regular basis independently and up to 100+ lbs with assistance.
· Ability to climb a ladder on a regular basis.
· Ability to remain on feet for long periods of time on a concrete surface.
· Ability to bend, squat, push, pull, carry, and reach for objects as necessary.
· Work will primarily occur at our Napa, CA production facility.
· Please submit your resume/CV and a bit about why you would be an awesome addition to our team.