2019 Harvest Internship
Posted Jan 30, 2019
At Farm Collective, we are a group of passionate wine lovers on a mission to push the envelope and deliver world-class wines to our beloved customers. Our network of family wineries includes T-Vine Winery, James Cole Winery and Tank Garage Winery.
For the 2019 harvest, Farm Collective is seeking passionate candidates to join our harvest production team. It is very important that candidates be able to work effectively with a team and independently when necessary. The most suitable candidates are strong-minded individuals, capable of working long hours often times for several consecutive days. Good movie quoting ability also greatly appreciated.
This is a temporary position that would start ASAP and is anticipated to run through the end of November.
- Winery and equipment cleaning & sanitation.
- Fruit receiving, sorting, and processing.
- Fermentation management including pumpovers, punchdowns, barrel fermentation management, brix and temp checks, nutrient additions, inoculations, and pressing.
- General cellar work including sampling, racking, barreling down, topping, and bottling.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Punctual, motivated, and a positive team player.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- Have your $#!% together. We have fun, but this is a professional place of business.
- Previous winemaking and cellar experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous forklift experience preferred, but not necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and remain on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb a ladder on a regular basis.
- Must be available to work long hours, including weekends, as needed throughout harvest.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English (written and spoken).
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow work and safety-based SOPS, and able to follow verbal instructions.
- Work will primarily occur at our Napa, CA production facility.
- Please submit your resume/CV as well as a cover letter telling us why you are psyched about this opportunity and would be an awesome addition to our team.