Posted Aug 13, 2020
To learn more about gusto! follow us on Instagram @whatsyourgusto
Production Team Member (Grill Cook)
Production Team Member roles include grill cook and prep cook. As a Production Team Member, you will be responsible for delivering consistent food products according to gusto! guidelines. This position includes food preparation, setup/breakdown of the station, maintaining the highest quality of cleanliness, keeping a safe and sanitary work environment, quick and efficient preparation of menu items. You will also need the ability and willingness to work as a team member in a team environment while keeping an eye on detail and quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prep items following company standard recipes
- Chop and slice vegetables
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients
- Wash and prepare food items
- Store, label, and rotate all food items
- Basic knowledge of meal prep procedures utilizing kitchen equipment
- Ensure kitchen and all food areas and food storage areas are clean and meet company and industry regulations standards
- Monitor product freshness and rotate perishable and non-perishable products
- Cook food according to the recipe, quality, and presentation standards
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles
- Organize all items as needed throughout the shift and clean/maintain station while practicing good safety and sanitation skills
- Prior experience as a Cook, preferably with a focus on grilling.
- Capacity to stand for long hours.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Commitment to the production of high-quality outputs and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on holidays, as required
- Self-starter who completes tasks without excessive supervision
- Must have your own vehicle or have a reliable means of transportation
- Tip sharing
- Competitive wages
- Flexible scheduling
- Detailed and intentional training
- Team Member food perks
- Access to wages before pay day
- PTO for eligible Team Members
- Health Benefits for eligible Team Members
- ESL Classes (English as Second Language) for eligible Team Members