Warehouse Wins - Cashier/Floor Associate
Posted May 7, 2020
Join the fastest growing and most exciting team in the city! Retail Rebel, Warehouse Wins offers amazing products that reduce in price daily - items our customers rave about and our associates love. Break away from stuffy, traditional retail and become a leader in a store that provides a shopping experience like no other.
The Cashier/Floor Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers and presents themselves in a positive and professional manor in assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register, maintaining the shelves in the store, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Follow company merchandise processes; ensure that all merchandise is shop-able and the merchandising guide is followed.
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and stock room, and help set up in store displays.
- Help customers understand store shopping procedures especially the use of the my retail rebel app.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to communicate store processes and pricing to customers.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to stock and merchandise goods.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling at checkout stations, merchandise goods, cleaning and potentially load/unload trucks.
- Handling of merchandise and equipment such as box cutters, bin containers, two-wheel dollies, and pallet jacks.
- Proper lifting of up to 30 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A week paid time off after the first year, and 2 weeks of paid time off after the second year of employment.
- After 60 days of full-time employment, you will be eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. If you elect to accept the coverage specifications, then your coverage will begin the 1st of the month following the 60 days worked.
- A dynamic 90-day assessment and opportunity for advancement in a quickly expanding company.