Retail Sales Floor Associate
Posted May 25, 2020
Join the fastest growing and most exciting team in the city! The company formerly known as It's $5 offers a daily treasure hunt that our customers rave about and our associates love. Break away from stuffy, traditional retail and train to become a leader in a store that provides a shopping experience like no other.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Cashier/Floor Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers and presents themselves in a positive and professional manor in assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register, maintaining bins, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Follow company merchandise processes; ensure that all merchandise is shop-able – store is free of excessive clutter and trash.
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and stock room, and help set up in store displays.
- Help customers understand store shopping procedures.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to communicate store processes and pricing to customers.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to stock and merchandise goods.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling at checkout stations, merchandise goods, cleaning and potentially load/unload trucks.
- Handling of merchandise and equipment such as box cutters, bin containers, two-wheel dollies, and pallet jacks.
- Proper lifting of up to 30 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION