Kansas In Home Therapist
Posted Oct 23, 2018
The position of Therapist will provide in home treatment to families generally formed through foster care, adoption, and kinship placement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Will provide individual and family treatment regarding trauma, grief and loss, and attachment strains.
- Responsible for assessments, intake and documentation (i.e., diagnostic reports, social assessments, treatment planning, and discharge summaries.)
- Acts as the team leader with behavioral interventionists as needed within each home.
- Extensive interface with referral agencies which include state social service agencies and juvenile court.
- Understanding of billing procedures.
- Must complete progress notes in order for payment to be made.
- Could be a full time or part time hourly employee based on face to face client contact time.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling
- Licensed by the appropriate state licensing agency for clinical social work or clinical practice, or in within the supervision guidelines for such practice.
- Minimum of two years of related social work experience required.
- Ability to maintain an organizational structure to ensure timely administration of daily tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving