Miami Beach, FL
Posted Dec 3, 2019
- Food and beverage industry: 5 years plus experience, do not apply if less.
- Management: 5 years plus experience, do not apply if less.
- Familiarity with restaurant POS systems.
- Salary is negotiable!
- MUST BE QUALIFIED...DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T MEET REQUIREMENTS!
- Management at LGBTQ establishment favorable
- Familiarity with websites and Social Media
- keeping content current and up to date
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and Social Media Campaigns
- Experience with the operation of multimedia equipment
- Wi-Fi, security cameras, video, and sound.
- Knowledge of business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
· College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
- References from current and former employers are a must.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
FOOD AND SAFTEY PLANING
- Work with kitchen and front of house staff to enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for working with Kitchen management and staff to ensure a consistently high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Work with kitchen Management to estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Operations Management for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Work with kitchen and operations management to estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Prepare and execute project plans for large parties and events.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to Management and staff regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Assist in orientation and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Assist in preparation of schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Comprehensive understanding of the LGBTQ community.
- Provide strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Should be handy with power tools and have the ability to assist with minor maintenance and repair of building assets.
- Keeps Owner promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested. SUPERVISION OF OTHERS. 25+ employees each shift
- Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise (typical work week six (6) days = 50/ 60 hours).
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including delivery when needed.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.