The Street Outreach Case Manager, under the direction of the Drop-In Center Program
Director, is responsible for implementation, supervision, and coordination of the
SOP Program. Assisting unsheltered youth and families in addressing environmental,
housing, or social barriers while coordinating social service needs and providing
them with urgent, non-facility-based care following government guidelines and
objectives to serve runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth, ages 11-24. Functions
performed include outreach to homeless camps and communities in Chatham,
Effingham, Liberty & Bryan counties with individual and family goal planning,
connection to community resources, and problem solving with other case managers.
Work is accomplished by advising and motivating program participants to
accomplish established goal plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human resource field or relevant field or three years of experience in a social services capacity or relevant field.
- Satisfactory clearance of criminal background, DMV, and drug screenings.
- Valid Driver’s license & insurability for van operation, preferably over the age of 25.
- CPR and First Aid Certification within one month of hire
- Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Salary & Status:
- $16.00-$18.00 hourly, commensurate with work experience;
- Non-exempt; Full-time with benefits package; based on grant contract
- Applications due: 3/19/2021
- Interview: 3/26/2021
- Anticipated start: 4/5/2021