January 8, 2020
The mission of PEACE PLACE is to provide practical support and hope to families who have children with medical disabilities and/or developmental delays. We provide respite and parent resources that reduce stress and strengthen family relationships, so that at-risk children do not become victims of abuse and parents can embrace their caregiving roles with joy.
This position is a caregiver (part-time, 15-20 hours/week) for the after school program for ages 6 -12 (Mon - Fri 3 - 6 pm). You will learn how to interact with children with special needs and be amazed at the fun we have. We pay for all training needed. You will learn behavioral supports that will position you to grow in a career in education, special needs or behavioral science. We may even be able to offer internship credit for some of your work, if you are enrolled in school.
Some shifts are on Saturday nights. Some evening and weekend training shifts will be required. Infrequent travel to locations in Montana may also be asked as Peace Place grows. Reverse mainstream environment - your typically developing children are welcome to come to work with you.
* Must be 18 and a high school graduate (or enrolled and will graduate soon)
* Prior day care experience preferred
* Prior experience with a special needs child preferred.
* CPR/First Aid required (will train)
* previous experience with a child with special needs preferred
* Sensitivity to the needs of families with special challenges
Salary based on experience. Range: $9.65/hour - $11.00/hour
Please provide references and a resume.