Nursery Warehouse Manager
Posted Jul 26, 2019
Pistils Nursery is seeking a highly qualified Nursery Warehouse Manager, responsible for leading day-to-day warehouse operations. This includes coordinating, receiving and processing deliveries; organizing the storage of plants and hardgood backstock; facilitating the distribution of goods across 2 retail locations and online shop; and cleaning. Warehouse operations are supported by the Courier / Warehouse Assistant.
Upon receiving deliveries, the warehouse manager works in conjunction with the Shop and Web Managers to receive inventory into the point of sale and fulfill inventory transfer requests. The warehouse manager oversees the care and maintenance of Pistils’ plant backstock, with the support of the Production Team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop highly organized warehouse floor plan for the storage of hardgood and plant inventory; Assemble and reorganize shelving/storage etc. as needed
- Coordinate product flow to drive efficient processes of receiving, storing, and distribution
- Communicate with Shop and Web Managers on daily operations and materials needs
- Review and manage incoming deliveries with Shop Managers; schedule/coordinate deliveries as needed with drivers
- Receive shipments into retail POS / web shop admin; price material as needed
- Check deliveries against purchase orders to ensure orders are accurate; report any discrepancies relevant buyer. Document damaged product and forward to buyer
- Work with Courier / Warehouse Asst. to fulfill transfer requests from retail stores
- Primary person responsible for restocking and maintaining web shop inventory, with the support of Web Team.
- Assist with special projects
- Maintain an organized, secure and clean warehouse
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change from within, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Follow OSHA compliant practices
- Complete cleaning tasks, including but not limited to: removal of trash/recycling/compost, sweeping/mopping, cleaning of farm sink.
- Makes deliveries (to retail stores, etc) as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years as a Warehouse/Fulfillment Supervisor
- Prior experience in a retail/direct to consumer product setting
- Ability to lift 50lbs and comfortable using equipment such as a hand truck and pallet jack to move large product
- Excitement to work in a growing business environment with potential for frequent changes and ambiguity
- Driver's license, and clean driving record. Experience driving a Sprinter van or large vehicle preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Google apps (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Highly organized; keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage and manipulate numbers with ease (for inventory management purposes)
How To Apply
Please submit a résumé and cover letter outlining your interest, experience and what you'll bring to the team.
This is a full-time, salaried position, based at our warehouse location in North Portland.
Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, and opportunity to opt into Pistils' health insurance and 401k plans.