Fulfillment Team Member (eCommerce / Shipping department)
Posted Jul 26, 2019
Pistils Nursery is seeking a Fulfillment Team Member to support our growing eCommerce operation. This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling online orders from our complex and ever-changing inventory, which includes specialty and perishable items such as hand-made pottery and live plants.
Areas of Responsibility
- Meets monthly Growth, Efficiency and Productivity benchmarks
- Assists eCommerce team in order processing and fulfillment, prioritizing orders as directed by Lead, and packing shipments following best practices for safe and inexpensive shipments for our complex and ever-changing inventory.
- Follows direction of Lead, working from pick lists, staging orders, watering and otherwise readying plant material for shipping and branding packing materials
- Adheres to quality control standards, ensuring that all items and plants are clean and in sale-worthy condition prior to shipping. Ensures each box has been appropriately branded, and stamped as “fragile” or “contains live plants” as necessary.
- Assists production team in maintaining stock of batched products / kit components as needed
- Keeps shipping station organized, tidy and accessible, cleaning as directed after each shift
- Works closely with Lead, Customer Experience Coordinator and Brand Director to respond to changes to orders as they arise, troubleshoot shipping issues and alter practices as needed
- Makes suggestions to improve shipping practices
- Assists in maintaining web shop inventory, alerting Lead and Warehouse Manager when stock levels are low, and pulling product from retail inventories as needed
- Works quickly and efficiently to meet fulfillment benchmarks without sacrificing work quality and attention to detail
- Appropriately cares for plant material prior to shipping
- Cross-trained in shipping; supports eCommerce operations as needed
- Assists in special projects as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- 1-2+ years of experience in eCommerce / fulfillment and shipping
- Plant knowledge strongly preferred but not required
- Familiarity with eCommerce and shipping software solutions (Shopify and Shipstation)
- Excitement to work in a growing business environment with potential for frequent changes and ambiguity
- Comfort working both independently and with a small team
- Ability to prioritize while multitasking, balancing productivity with high quality of work
- Detail and process-oriented. Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines and goals
- Comfort being on feet and engaging in physical tasks for majority of the work day
- Ability to lift up to 50lb
How to Apply
Please submit a résumé and cover letter outlining your interest, experience and what you'll bring to the team.
This is a part-time position starting at 20-26 hours per week with the potential to expand in high volume periods (such as holiday) and as the business grows, based at our warehouse location in North Portland.
Benefits the opportunity to opt into Pistils' health insurance and 401k plans.