Pistils Nursery is a seeking friendly, team-oriented, creative, retail team member who is equally passionate about plants, hard work and customer service. Retail team members must love connecting with like-minded plant enthusiasts, as well as patiently teaching folks new to plants about everything Pistils has to offer.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for, deep knowledge of and experience working with outdoor plants that perform well in our Pacific Northwest climate, including both native plants as well as ornamentals. This team member will be primarily stationed in our nursery yard, and will be responsible for informing customers about the vast array of outdoor plants Pistils has to offer, and helping folks find solutions that will work for their outdoor spaces.
Areas of Responsibility
- Meets monthly sales goals
- Provides exemplary customer service
- Coordinates and execute daily tasks effectively and efficiently
- Assists with the merchandizing/organization of nursery yard, and provides appropriate care for outdoor plants
- Assists with inventory management for product & supplies restocks
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop, assisting with displays and visual merchandising as needed
- Works with a sense of urgency, always seeking to improve shop cleanliness, visuals, and plant health
- Assists in special projects as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 or more years working experience in a retail or service environment
- 2 or more years working in a plant-related field, nursery or garden center OR 1 year working in a plant- related field and 1 year of plant-related education – specific experience working with outdoor plants (nursery, gardening, landscaping etc.) required
- Genuine passion and interest to learn more about indoor & outdoor plants
- Enjoys and has experience working with people in a fast-paced environment; thrives upon providing exceptional customer service
- Team player with friendly disposition who is comfortable following instruction
- Excellent communication skills; able to multi-task; attention to detail
- Experience receiving and processing inventory and familiarity using a iPad POS system
- Merchandising experience a plus, but not required
- High School Diploma
- Ability to lift 50 lbs; comfortable using a hand truck and moving large plant
- Ability (and eagerness) to work in all types of weather
- Computer experience; comfortable with iPad POS system, Google Drive & Apps
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Please submit your current résumé and a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
This position is part-time, starting at 22-28 hours per week. Candidates must be available to work weekends. This position is based at our Flagship Location in North Portland.
Pistils Nursery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pistils Nursery does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.