Preparing beverages for patrons and serving them at the bar or through the wait staff. Maintaining a clean and organized work environment. Must be available to work 4-5 shifts a week, including Sunday brunch.
Bartender Job Duties:
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits
- Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations
- Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment
- Organizing the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
- Slicing and preparing fruit garnishes for drinks
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations
- Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behaviour
- Must have a Tennessee ABC license to serve alcohol
Bartender Skills and Qualifications:
Training or Experience with Bartending, Extensive Knowledge of Drink Mixing and Garnishing, Strong Communication Skills, Positive Attitude, Personable demeanour, Multitasking, Attention to Detail, Organization, Ability to Stand for Long Periods, Strong Observational Skills, Conflict Resolution, Computer Literacy
A Host/Food Runner is often the first face our guest sees when they enter our restaurant. We are looking for staff that work well in teams, with a desire to work with the public, and maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor throughout a busy shift. Must be available to work 3-5 shifts a week, including Sunday brunch.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- Learn and utilize an online reservation system.
- Take to-go orders over the phone.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
Food Runner Responsibilities:
- Welcome each guest with a smile and friendly greeting
- Help customers with orders by explaining dishes and drinks and making recommendations as appropriate
- Coordinate food orders to guarantee timely and efficient delivery to guests
- Maintain our high food safety and sanitation standards
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Restaurant experience a plus.