Cypress Ridge Golf Course - Player Assistants
Requirements: MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE WITH VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our player assistants, we expect you to exceed our guests’ expectations and achieving maximum employment satisfaction while adhering to the standard of our golf courses.
Our goal is to create an environment where every guest that visits our golf courses will have an exceptional golf experience. The Player Assistant is responsible for the guests’ satisfaction while he/she is on the golf course, and all other areas around the property.
The highest level of professionalism is expected from our Player Assistants.
Reports to: Pro Shop Attendant, Assistant Golf Professionals, Head Golf Professional
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Follow all the employment policies and procedures in the golf course employee manual.
- Create a professional friendly environment while starting golfers on holes #1 & #10 and while on the golf course.
- Check-in golfers at the 1st & 10th tees by checking receipts of golfers to ensure they have paid their green fee for 9 or 18 holes or have checked in as an annual pass holder, paid cart fees or checked in as an annual pass holder. Check to make groups tee off have the proper amount of golf carts and consolidate carts when needed.
- When checking in golfers record each players last name on your tee sheet, the golf cart they are riding in (if riding), how many holes they paid for. Be sure to inform golfers of any course conditions for the day, and course rules that must be followed, where to find water and restrooms on the golf course, along with any other pertinent information.
- Ensure golfers are following golf course rules while on the golf course.
- Travel the golf course in a counter clockwise manner during slow periods to ensure golfers are enjoying their day. Be sure to assist them in any way possible to help keep a good pace of play.
- Maintain proper working equipment such as golf cart that is cleaned and gassed up, walkie talkie, clipboard with up to date tee times booked for the day, extra scorecards and pencils.
- Communicate with the pro shop of guests status such as pace of play, issues on the golf course or issue that may arise, and other information.
- Be an ambassador of good will for the facility.
- Assist with other team member duties as deemed necessary. (Outside Services, and Pro Shop)
- Ensure that guests are greeted immediately and addressed by their name whenever possible, upon entering the pro shop or while on the golf course.
- Ensure that all guest inquiries and requests are met efficiently and professionally.
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with in a pleasant manner and recorded for your supervisors.
- Record and document any safety hazards, broken things on the golf course (i.e. broken fence, sprinkler leak, or other important situations for your supervisors.
- Anticipate any problems or situations on the course & take action before it become a problem.
- Use the guidance of the Golf Professionals, and Managers for daily duties and direction, or any problems you are unable to solve yourself.