The primary objective of the Digital Marketing Specialist is to create, maintain, and monitor our online marketing ventures through the use of Google AdWords, Bing, Facebook, and many other platforms and tools. Skills demanded of this position include: extensive analytical and independent problem solving, proactive work ethic, excellent communication, and the ability to analyze/interpret/utilize data of various natures. If we had to sum it up in one sentence: the duties for this job position include everything involved in acquiring new customers, advertising to past customers, optimizing/improving efficiencies for those processes, and generally all things related to growing sales strategically. Position Type: Full Time. Position Location: El Dorado Hills, CA. Salary Range: $18-$23/hour
ONLINE AD CAMPAIGN MAINTENANCE
- Maintain/clean up/organize: Existing campaigns. Campaigns and sub-campaigns. Use consistent naming conventions. Audiences. Product Feeds. Bid strategies. Keyword Groupings.
- Monitor and improve SEO and general discovery of content. Use and find tools to measure quality score/ ranking of keywords/ site scans. Establish SEO benchmarks.
- OPTIMIZE Google AdWords/ FaceBook/ Bing/ Amazon/ and other ad platforms*
- Segment and build out campaign groups o Monitor budget regularly
- Ensure monthly ad-spend does not exceed 40% of total online sales
- Ensure yearly ad-spend does not exceed 30% of total sales o Ensure various ad platforms are properly linked to associated e-commerce sales channel
- Cross-check sales in Shopify and Google Analytics (pixel-firing/events being triggered properly/ triggered events.)
- Manage Keywords. Monitor search terms for addition of negative keywords. Use broad match keywords to form new potentially profitable keywords
ONLINE AD CAMPAIGN CREATION
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to build ad campaigns on a weekly basis
- Think strategically for new campaign objectives/ideas
- Monitor and stay current on search engine/ website traffic trends
- Suggest new subject matter for landing pages
- Collect and post ad material from Creative Team weekly to maintain brand identity
- A/B testing
- Set and adjust individual campaign budgets according to effectiveness and overall current budget
AD CAMPAIGN REPORTING & RECORD KEEPING
- Keep detailed records of: Money Spent, Sales, ROI, Any other data as needed or requested by managers and directors
Report weekly to manager in 1on1: Changes to existing campaigns, New Campaigns, Results, Web traffic, Engagement, Analytics, Competitor metrics, Ideas/ suggestions/ thoughts/ disagreements/ agreements/ complaints/ compliments/ and anything else on your mind that needs to be addressed or is hurting or helping your efficiency and your overall work experience
- 1+ years experience in the B2C online marketplace, familiarity with ecommerce order fulfillment process
- 1+ years experience digital marketing
- 1+ years experience in Google Analytics
- 1+ years experience in AdWords
- 1+ years experience in Photoshop (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; can be offset by commensurate industry experience in similar role
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft office
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient; excellent project management skills
- A deep passion for learning
- A willingness and a propensity to adhere to and submit direct and specific deliverables
- Obsessive attention to detail and quality control
- Natural tendency to think outside the box and a willingness to try, fail and learn from that experience
Why You Should Apply
- We are a dream team of problem-solvers that are passionate about our craft and scrappy with our resources (see company values below)
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, an open vacation policy, Wellness Program with gym subsidies, 401(k) with matching, and a fun relaxed office environment –– to name just a few.
Our Company Core Values:
- Own it: This is your work life, you’re in charge. The area of responsibility that you were hired for, is yours to own. We hold ourselves accountable to our actions and contributions of all forms. We make results, not excuses, and we act like we own the company, because we all do. We are independent decision makers.
- There’s Gotta Be a Better Way: This company was built on a “there must be a better way” attitude, and continuing to seek better solutions for our own processes and the processes we encounter, practices deep critical thinking and problem solving. To do this, we must never let personal bias get in the way of finding truth, and we must be willing to be wrong. We must question each process or idea, whether it is ours to begin with or not. We must never stop optimizing ourselves and our processes.
- Data Data Data: We are data driven decision makers because we know data doesn’t lie. We seek it out to better understand ourselves, our work and our company. We rely on it largely for decision making and to eliminate bias. We use it to be aware of just what results we are contributing to on an individual and communal basis.
- Speak Up: Be radically candid and crystal clear in your communication. Be real, authentic, and as honest as possible in every interaction. Argue like you’re right, but listen like you’re wrong. Care personally and assume good intent, and always direct your communications to people who can help fix the problem. As borrowed from Allison Green: "The stakes are high if you don’t speak up...not speaking up means not having perfectly reasonable conversations, in the name of avoiding minor awkwardness. If you speak up—not adversarially, not aggressively, just calmly and matter-of-factly—you’ll build a reputation as someone who’s able to navigate tough situations with relative grace. You’ll also significantly improve your quality of life at work, because when you speak up appropriately, you improve your working conditions and relationships.”
- Embrace the Burden: Managers are bosses. You are the CEO of your team. Managers are representatives of the company and leadership team at all times. It is both a burden and a privilege, and one that we must recognize and respect. Leaders hold themselves to a higher standard.
- Define Success: Successful leaders provide clear and attainable goals, then recognize when they are accomplished. They define success as well as failure for their team; they hold their team accountable to agreed upon parameters.
And finally, it's important to know that we are building a dream team, and you'll be part of that. We adhere closely to this quote from Reed Hastings: "Being on a dream team is not right for everyone, and that is OK. Many people value job security very highly and would prefer to work at companies whose orientation is more about stability, seniority, and working around inconsistent employee effectiveness. Our model works best for people who highly value consistent excellence in their colleagues.” -Reed Hastings & Patty McCord, Netflix
El Dorado Hills, CA