SlideBelts, Inc. is a fashion tech startup whose office and distribution center is located in El Dorado Hills.
This position will be responsible for preparing and shipping out products directly to our eCommerce customers and distribution locations all over the world. With this also includes returns, exchanges, and superior guest service in person, and over phone and email.
Why you should apply:
- Competitive starting wage
- Flexible hours that fit your schedule (and no nights or weekends. Yay!)
- Accruing paid time off
- Free and discounted product
- Relaxed and modern atmosphere (and dress code)
- To add to this already awesome group of people
Position availability is for a part-time hire, 20-25 hours per week. Hours may vary and will be scheduled within our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 8a-4p.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately prepare outbound eCommerce shipments and ensure all orders are processed in a timely manner
- Keep up with fluctuating demand and prioritize tasks
- Ensure a neat, clean and organized area throughout the stockroom; perform assigned cleaning duties as necessary
- Take an urgent approach to the daily tasks. Maintain efficiency and speed while also maintaining the SlideBelts standard of quality
- Deliver above-and-beyond guest service primarily through phone and email communications
- Able to meet and maintain productivity and efficiency goals within a fast paced environment
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor (:
- Self-starter; self-sufficient
- Above average attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate down, across and up within the organization
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in related retail or customer service experience.
- PC literate; MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Employees may be required to stand for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift heavy objects.
SlideBelts Company Values:
There Must Be a Better Way
- This company was built on a “there must be a better way” attitude, and continuing to seek better solutions for our own processes and the processes we encounter, practices deep critical thinking and problem solving. To do this, we must never let personal bias get in the way of finding truth, and we must be willing to be wrong. We must question each process or idea, whether it is ours to begin with or not. We must never stop optimizing ourselves, our processes, our products, etc.
- This is your work life, you’re in charge. The area of responsibility that you were hired for, is yours to own. We hold ourselves accountable to our actions and contributions of all forms. We make results, not excuses, and we act like we own the company, because we all do. We are independent decision makers.
Data Data Data
- We are data driven decision makers because we know data doesn’t lie. We seek it out to better understand ourselves, our work and our company. We rely on it largely for decision making and to eliminate bias. We use it to be aware of just what results we are contributing to on an individual and communal basis.
El Dorado Hills, CA
- Be radically candid and crystal clear in your communication. Be real, authentic, and as honest as possible in every interaction. Argue like you’re right, but listen like you’re wrong. Care personally and assume good intent, and always direct your communications to people who can help fix the problem. As borrowed from Alison Green: "The stakes are high if you don’t speak up...not speaking up means not having perfectly reasonable conversations, in the name of avoiding minor awkwardness. If you speak up—not adversarially, not aggressively, just calmly and matter-of-factly—you’ll build a reputation as someone who’s able to navigate tough situations with relative grace. You’ll also significantly improve your quality of life at work, because when you speak up appropriately, you improve your working conditions and relationships.”
SlideBelts is seeking a passionate and performance-oriented marketer to grow our negotiated media channels (offline, streaming, affiliate, and influencers). Negotiated media, particularly offline media, is something we've only dabbled in this last year - but enough to see amazing results and huge untapped potential. It will be a major driver of our future growth. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of marketing or media planning experience with sizable budgets. Audio, TV and direct mail are three of our upcoming high growth media channels, so we're looking for someone who is excited and up for the challenge of taking that growth to the next level. This position will have a large, direct impact on the overall business growth.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Owning the end-to-end execution of our audio, TV and direct mail acquisition programs, including strategic media planning, budgeting, and measurement/reporting.
- Working closely with the Creative Team to drive creative development, optimization, and timely turnaround/execution.
- Developing core media calendars and testing schedules for each channel.
- Building and managing relationships with external agencies.
- Creating strategy to scale performance marketing in negotiated media channels including TV, radio, direct mail, podcasts, influencers, and affiliates against existing ROI targets.
- Executing against the strategy, including budgeting, media planning, media buying (either direct or through agency), creative testing, and measuring performance.
- Working alongside our CEO and COO, to tackle and strategize performance marketing, using data & analytics to deeply understand attribution & performance; and utilizing cross-channel learnings to create engaging, high-performing ads that get the SlideBelts brand and product across in a compelling way.
- Partner with our digital product team to improve our landing page experiences, making it easier for consumers to find the products and information they are looking for.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or another applicable field of study
- Strong knowledge (3+ years) of media planning and buying on a performance/direct response basis (preferably within offline channels).
- Proven self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about the brand and mission.
- Appreciation for our brand voice and aesthetic, coupled with the ability to ensure the creative is continually improving.
- Curious and constantly learning.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help.
Why You Should Apply
El Dorado Hills, CA
- We are a dream team of problem-solvers that are passionate about our craft and scrappy with our resources
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, an open vacation policy, Wellness Program with gym subsidies, 401k with matching, and a fun, relaxed office environment –– to name just a few.