Performance Marketing Manager
El Dorado Hills, CA
Posted Jun 17, 2020
SlideBelts is seeking a passionate and performance-oriented marketer to grow our negotiated media channels (offline, streaming, affiliate, and influencers). Negotiated media, particularly offline media, is something we've only dabbled in this last year - but enough to see amazing results and huge untapped potential. It will be a major driver of our future growth. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of marketing or media planning experience with sizable budgets. Audio, TV and direct mail are three of our upcoming high growth media channels, so we're looking for someone who is excited and up for the challenge of taking that growth to the next level. This position will have a large, direct impact on the overall business growth. Position Type: Full Time. Position Location: El Dorado Hills, CA.
- Owning the end-to-end execution of our audio, TV and direct mail acquisition programs, including strategic media planning, budgeting, and measurement/reporting.
- Working closely with the Creative Team to drive creative development, optimization, and timely turnaround/execution.
- Developing core media calendars and testing schedules for each channel.
- Building and managing relationships with external agencies.
- Creating strategy to scale performance marketing in negotiated media channels including TV, radio, direct mail, podcasts, influencers, and affiliates against existing ROI targets.
- Executing against the strategy, including budgeting, media planning, media buying (either direct or through agency), creative testing, and measuring performance.
- Working alongside our CEO to tackle and strategize performance marketing, using data & analytics to deeply understand attribution & performance; and utilizing cross-channel learnings to create engaging, high-performing ads that get the SlideBelts brand and product across in a compelling way.
- Partner with our digital product team to improve our landing page experiences, making it easier for consumers to find the products and information they are looking for.
- 3+ years experience in the B2C online marketplace, familiarity with ecommerce order fulfillment process
- 3+ years management experience
- 1+ years experience performance marketing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; can be offset by commensurate industry experience in similar role
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft office
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient; excellent project management skills
- A deep passion for learning
- A willingness and a propensity to adhere to and submit direct and specific deliverables
- Obsessive attention to detail and quality control
- Natural tendency to think outside the box and a willingness to try, fail and learn from that experience
Why You Should Apply
- We are a dream team of problem-solvers that are passionate about our craft and scrappy with our resources (see company values below)
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, an open vacation policy, Wellness Program with gym subsidies, 401(k) with matching, and a fun relaxed office environment –– to name just a few.
Our Company Core Values are pasted below. We hold each employee to the following:
- Own it: This is your work life, you’re in charge. The area of responsibility that you were hired for, is yours to own. We hold ourselves accountable to our actions and contributions of all forms. We make results, not excuses, and we act like we own the company, because we all do. We are independent decision makers.
- There’s Gotta Be a Better Way: This company was built on a “there must be a better way” attitude, and continuing to seek better solutions for our own processes and the processes we encounter, practices deep critical thinking and problem solving. To do this, we must never let personal bias get in the way of finding truth, and we must be willing to be wrong. We must question each process or idea, whether it is ours to begin with or not. We must never stop optimizing ourselves, our processes, our products, etc.
- Data Data Data: We are data driven decision makers because we know data doesn’t lie. We seek it out to better understand ourselves, our work and our company. We rely on it largely for decision making and to eliminate bias. We use it to be aware of just what results we are contributing to on an individual and communal basis.
- Speak Up: Be radically candid and crystal clear in your communication. Be real, authentic, and as honest as possible in every interaction. Argue like you’re right, but listen like you’re wrong. Care personally and assume good intent, and always direct your communications to people who can help fix the problem. As borrowed from Allison Green: "The stakes are high if you don’t speak up...not speaking up means not having perfectly reasonable conversations, in the name of avoiding minor awkwardness. If you speak up—not adversarially, not aggressively, just calmly and matter-of-factly—you’ll build a reputation as someone who’s able to navigate tough situations with relative grace. You’ll also significantly improve your quality of life at work, because when you speak up appropriately, you improve your working conditions and relationships.”
- Embrace the Burden: Managers are bosses. You are the CEO of your team. Managers are representatives of the company and leadership team at all times. It is both a burden and a privilege, and one that we must recognize and respect. Leaders hold themselves to a higher standard.
- Define Success: Successful leaders provide clear and attainable goals, then recognize when they are accomplished. They define success as well as failure for their team; they hold their team accountable to agreed upon parameters.
And finally, it's important to know that we are building a dream team, and you'll be part of that. We adhere closely to this quote from Reed Hastings: "Being on a dream team is not right for everyone, and that is OK. Many people value job security very highly and would prefer to work at companies whose orientation is more about stability, seniority, and working around inconsistent employee effectiveness. Our model works best for people who highly value consistent excellence in their colleagues.” -Reed Hastings & Patty McCord, Netflix