El Dorado Hills, CA
Posted Jul 5, 2020
SlideBelts is looking for an eCommerce Manager experienced in a range of Shopify and Amazon. The eCommerce Manager is responsible for initiating, implementing, overseeing, and maintaining the strategic initiatives of SlideBelts’ ecommerce website. This position will support a growing team and will require critical thinking and problem solving as the company scales in size and complexity. Position Type: Full Time. Position Location: El Dorado Hills, CA.
- Use best in class strategies to ensure ecommerce growth, continually assessing the functionality, efficiency and effectiveness of the website
- Understand business objectives and needs and translate them into ecommerce plans that ensure systems and applications will meet the future business needs and requirements
- Implement ecommerce marketing tools like promo-codes, online coupons, event driven flash sales, customer-centric online messaging etc. Set up new product listings and maintain product and category pages accurately
- Track and report on online sales among various channels
- Identify and communicate long term and short term goals and metrics, which are in alignment with the overall company strategy
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies. Evaluate current processes, identify and implement improvements
- 3+ years experience in the B2C online marketplace, familiarity with ecommerce order fulfillment process
- 3+ years management experience
- 1+ years experience digital marketing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; can be offset by commensurate industry experience in similar role
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft office
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient; excellent project management skills
- A deep passion for learning
- A willingness and a propensity to adhere to and submit direct and specific deliverables
- Obsessive attention to detail and quality control
- Natural tendency to think outside the box and a willingness to try, fail and learn from that experience
Why You Should Apply
- We are a dream team of problem-solvers that are passionate about our craft and scrappy with our resources (see company values below)
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, an open vacation policy, Wellness Program with gym subsidies, 401(k) with matching, and a fun relaxed office environment –– to name just a few.
Our Company Core Values are pasted below. We hold each employee to the following:
- Own it: This is your work life, you’re in charge. The area of responsibility that you were hired for, is yours to own. We hold ourselves accountable to our actions and contributions of all forms. We make results, not excuses, and we act like we own the company, because we all do. We are independent decision makers.
- There’s Gotta Be a Better Way: This company was built on a “there must be a better way” attitude, and continuing to seek better solutions for our own processes and the processes we encounter, practices deep critical thinking and problem solving. To do this, we must never let personal bias get in the way of finding truth, and we must be willing to be wrong. We must question each process or idea, whether it is ours to begin with or not. We must never stop optimizing ourselves, our processes, our products, etc.
- Data Data Data: We are data driven decision makers because we know data doesn’t lie. We seek it out to better understand ourselves, our work and our company. We rely on it largely for decision making and to eliminate bias. We use it to be aware of just what results we are contributing to on an individual and communal basis.
- Speak Up: Be radically candid and crystal clear in your communication. Be real, authentic, and as honest as possible in every interaction. Argue like you’re right, but listen like you’re wrong. Care personally and assume good intent, and always direct your communications to people who can help fix the problem. As borrowed from Allison Green: "The stakes are high if you don’t speak up...not speaking up means not having perfectly reasonable conversations, in the name of avoiding minor awkwardness. If you speak up—not adversarially, not aggressively, just calmly and matter-of-factly—you’ll build a reputation as someone who’s able to navigate tough situations with relative grace. You’ll also significantly improve your quality of life at work, because when you speak up appropriately, you improve your working conditions and relationships.”
- Embrace the Burden: Managers are bosses. You are the CEO of your team. Managers are representatives of the company and leadership team at all times. It is both a burden and a privilege, and one that we must recognize and respect. Leaders hold themselves to a higher standard.
- Define Success: Successful leaders provide clear and attainable goals, then recognize when they are accomplished. They define success as well as failure for their team; they hold their team accountable to agreed upon parameters.
And finally, it's important to know that we are building a dream team, and you'll be part of that. We adhere closely to this quote from Reed Hastings: "Being on a dream team is not right for everyone, and that is OK. Many people value job security very highly and would prefer to work at companies whose orientation is more about stability, seniority, and working around inconsistent employee effectiveness. Our model works best for people who highly value consistent excellence in their colleagues.” -Reed Hastings & Patty McCord, Netflix