Are you a senior care provider who prefer working on afternoon shifts? You might be the one Surework Home Care Solutions is looking for! If you think you need career growth and challenge and you are passionate about providing senior care in Victoria BC, make your next career move with us and apply here: www.sureworksolutions.com/apply-for-a-job/.
· Secondary school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred
· Experience in providing senior care in Victoria BC not necessary but an advantage
· Can read and speak in the English language
· First Aid Certification and Training is a plus but not required
· Can behave with respect and compassion
· Can work from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
· Give medications as prescribed
· Help the client with daily living activities, such as grooming, bathing, dressing, eating, and bathroom usage
· Acknowledge the client needs with respect and attention to safety
· Encourage the client to be active through conversation and companionship
· Aid with planning, meal preparation and shopping for food and medicine
· Assist the client in a manner that develops independence and regains dignity
· Assist in physical therapy exercises
· Do light housekeeping duties
· Maintain a clean, healthy and safe place for the client
· Notify supervisor or family members for any unusual incidents or behavior
All are welcome to apply: newcomers to Canada, immigrants, youth, indigenous people, and people with disabilities. If you can work legally in Canada and have the heart to provide senior care in Victoria BC, you may apply now.