Under general supervision, deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation, in accordance with established philosophy. Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing.
· Reviews preoperative/postoperative physician orders to determine patient needs.
· Obtains/ Reviews patient’s medical history for accuracy upon admission.
· Reviews and assesses diagnostic data (or absence thereof) and collaborates with physicians and other health care workers to provide appropriate follow-up actions.
· Utilizes clinical experience and knowledge to anticipate potential patient care problems and collaborates with appropriate individuals.
· Performs/Reviews assessment of patient, family members, and/or significant others’ knowledge base, health care practices, attitudes of health and illness, and level of understanding.
· Plans patient care based on identified assessment analysis and established standards, policies, and procedures.
· Involves patients and family/significant others in perioperative planning, including but not limited to care of the discharged patient.
· Collaborates with anesthesia providers and surgery to allow time for required preoperative care and to avoid surgical delays. but not limited to care of the discharged patient.
· Collaborates with anesthesia providers and surgery to allow time for required preoperative care and to avoid surgical delays.
· Performs preoperative diagnostic procedures accurately and according to standards, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates competency in performing phlebotomy, obtaining various types of laboratory specimens, electrocardiograms, or other diagnostic tests.
· Administers intravenous solutions and medications skillfully and correctly.
Capable of completing admission/discharge information, physician orders, or other information data entry.
· Maintains standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
· Evaluates patient care goals, quality and appropriateness of care provided, and patient outcomes.
· Effectively explains perioperative instructions, perioperative treatments, patient care principles, and nursing goals to patient and family/significant others.
· Other Duties as assigned.
· Graduation from accredited school of nursing;
· Minimum two years experience as a Registered Nurse.
· Experience in orthopedic, spine and pain management specialties preferred.
· Current state license as a registered nurse; current BLS, ACLS, PALS certification