We are looking for a career minded, highly detailed individual able to work any hours between 730am-6pm Monday through Friday. Candidate must be a punctual, professional, fast learning self-starter who possesses a strong work ethic with strong customer service skills. Positive team players only need apply. Will train the right individual!
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to pass background check and drug screening
· Strong background of excellent customer service and communication skills (1-2 yrs. customer service preferred)
· Smiling face, great attitude and desire to help others
· Dependable, self-starter and high-level ability to multitask
· Detail oriented and very organized
· Team Player with the ability to work independently with little to no direction
· Punctual, professional and have a strong work ethic
· Fast-paced learner with great computer skills
· Consistent access to dependable transportation
Optician Primary Responsibilities:
* Provide a friendly atmosphere for patients.
* Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients' vocational and avocational visual requirements.
* Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
* Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
* Measure clients' bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
* Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
* Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
* Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
* Determine clients' current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzers and clients' eyeglasses.
* Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
* Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
* Instruct clients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses
* Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
* Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses and fitting the lenses into frames.
* Order and purchase frames and lenses.
* Obtain a customer's previous record or verify a prescription with the examining optometrist or ophthalmologist.
* Repair damaged frames
* Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
* Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise
· Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
· Annual Complimentary Eye Care and Eyewear for employee
· Significant Eye Care and Eyewear discounts for immediate family members
· 401K with employer matching percentage
· Monthly Bonus Incentive Program
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off
· No Weekends
· Competitive Pay based on Experience
· Employer paid education and certification opportunities